The entryway is the first thing guests see when walking into your home, so it is important we make a good first impression. You should spend some time decorating your entryway just as you would any other room in your house. You want it to look pretty and inviting, but functional, too. Here is a list of 5 entryway decor must-haves:
- Rug – A rug is a must in an entryway, especially if you have hardwoods or tile. Depending on the size of your space, this may just be a small doormat and that’s ok!
- Table or Bench – This is your entryway decor foundation and the focal point of the room (most likely). Luckily, there are no rules! I’ve seen everything from a media console to a small chest of drawers morphed into an entryway table. Benches are also an option, especially if your entryway is doubling as your mudroom.
- Lighting – You can never have too much lighting, in my opinion. A table lamp or floor lamp will provide a welcoming ambiance to your entryway. Feel free to make it symmetrical by adding a pair of lamps instead of just one.
- Flowers – This is where your “pretty” part comes into play. Flowers, whether real or artificial, are the easiest way to add a pop of color and freshen up the area.
- Wall art – Just like any other room, you want to top off the space with a personal touch. Create a gallery wall or hang a large mirror. Your options are endless!
I’ve made some recent changes to our entryway by purchasing a new console table and adding fresh accents. I’m still looking for that “perfect” piece to hang between the tobacco baskets. I’m thinking either a large mirror or a painted canvas with some color. What do y’all think??
So, what’s the verdict? Canvas painting or large mirror? Would love to hear your opinion in the comments! Have a great weekend, y’all:)